Another guest post from our friends over at 365 Kona!
We woke up at 6:30 am on a recent staycation in Hilo, Hawaii to catch the morning light on Hilo Bay and Mauna Kea in this beautiful historic town.
8 THINGS TO DO AT THE CRACK OF DAWN IN HILO
1. Run to Coconut Island and explore
2. Run to Liliʻuokalani Park and Gardens
3. Run over the Wailoa Bridge and see boat harbor
4. Run over to the double Wailoa Park Bridges
5. Grab coffee at Cruzn Cafe
6. Jump on a RideShare bike
7. Ride down Hilo Bayfront
8. Check out Kaipalaoa Landing and see the lighthouse
(Bonus-find out that Hilo got its name here and it means "to twist".
We had such a great time and area is just beautiful for photography and video. If you can’t do ALL of that, do check out Liliʻuokalani Park and Gardens, a 24.14-acre park with Japanese gardens, located on Banyan Drive in Hilo.
#Hilo #ThingsToDoInHilo #HawaiiIsland #StayCation #LiliʻuokalaniPark #CoconutIsland